2024 Memorandum of Understanding & Registration
Getting started for the 2024 Focused Engagement Survey from Leading Edge
Welcome to the 2024 Focused Engagement Survey. This Memorandum of Understanding outlines the requirements and expectations for the survey, as well as confidentiality protections.
Please read all the information below before registering for the Spring cycle of the 2024 survey.
NOTE: Registration for the Fall cycle will begin in July.
Is your organization eligible to participate?
- Organization has at least six employees who will be invited to participate in the survey (full-time and/or part-time). Organizations will receive results if at least five employees complete the survey.
- Organization is based in North America.
- Organization is a Jewish organization (in any way defined and affirmed by the organization itself).
- Organization is a recognized nonprofit according to the tax laws of their resident country or has a fiscal agent that is a recognized nonprofit according to the tax laws of their resident country.
- Organization has been in existence for at least three years.
2024 Survey Timeline
- Registration — March 4 to March 29
- Survey administration — April 9 to April 19
- Results access — May 1
- Consultations — May 6 to June 28
- Registration — July 30 to August 23
- Survey administration — September 3 to September 13
- Results access — September 18
- Consultations — September 23 to December 24
What can you expect from Leading Edge?
- Cost — Thanks to our generous supporters, every part of the Focused Engagement Survey is available at no cost to your organization.
- Survey — Leading Edge will provide a high-quality survey that takes employees approximately 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- Survey support — Leading Edge will support your organization throughout the survey process, and provide technical assistance as needed. For issues related to Culture Amp, our third-party online survey platform, we may redirect your question to their customer support.
- Results — Your CEO (or top professional leader of any title) will automatically have access to your survey results. You may also specifically designate up to 5 other individuals to receive access to your organization's results on the Culture Amp website. Only the CEO and those who you designate will have access to your results. (See also more information on confidentiality at the bottom of this document.)
- Comparisons — Some questions on the Focused Engagement Survey are worded in the same way as previous Leading Edge surveys and/or general industry surveys. When applicable, this will allow you to compare your organization’s data with useful benchmarks. Organizations will have access to up to three of the following comparisons in their reports:
- Your organization’s data from the 2023 Employee Experience Survey (if your organization participated in 2023);
- A United States benchmark from Culture Amp (based on data across many industries);
- The entire cohort of participating organizations in the Spring Focused Engagement Survey.
- Follow-up — You will have access to one free consultation with a Leading Edge or national partner consultant in 2024. The consultation will help you think through your results and plan next steps. We recommend taking advantage of the consultation following the April cycle if you are considering participating in both cycles. The timeline for consultations is intentionally briefer than in past years’ Employee Experience Surveys, to ensure that organizations’ learning and action are fresh and relevant. Consultations must be used within specific time windows: May 6 - June 28 for the Spring cycle and September 23 - December 24 for the Fall cycle. Consultations will not be available outside of those dates.
What does Leading Edge request from participating organizations?
- Commitment — Your organization’s leadership, including the most senior leader, will commit to the success of the survey administration, will encourage staff participation, and will assign one person to be the Survey Liaison between Leading Edge and your organization.
- Survey Liaison — For us to effectively support you in the survey, you will designate one person to serve as your Survey Liaison. All information related to survey administration will be sent to this person, who will forward any relevant information to others who might need it. We are not able to accommodate more than one Survey Liaison.
- Action — We expect that organizations will take action to address at least one finding identified through the survey results.
- Technical requirements — You will need to provide a unique work email address for every employee for us to administer the survey via email. To ensure the smooth delivery of surveys to staff, organizations will work with their IT teams/providers to help avoid bounced emails, spamming, and lost links. Culture Amp will provide the IT requirements to ensure email communications inviting employees to complete the survey are not treated as junk.
- Use of questions — If you wish to use the Leading Edge survey questions for a purpose other than for the survey itself, please reach out to Leading Edge before doing so.
- Use of survey (legal disclaimer) — Organizations’ use of the survey is at their sole risk. Leading Edge does not provide warranties of any kind in connection with the survey.
Before you register, please review the following:
- Questions — The Focused Engagement Survey consists of a core set of questions that our data has proven to be most important. Organizations can also select up to two add-on sections out of the four available. Please review the questions and add-on sections here. You will specify your choice on the registration form below.
- Employee Roster — Click here to download the Employee Roster Excel file directly. The Focused Engagement Survey will include eight demographic questions: Job level, Tenure, Age, Disability, Gender, Orientation, Race/Ethnicity, and Religion. Additionally, organizations will have the option to supplement the self-reported demographics with up to four additional demographics provided on the Employee Roster to further enhance reporting: Department, Manager, Employment Type, and Other (to be used for any unique demographic).
How does Leading Edge protect the confidentiality of participating organizations and their employees?
Leading Edge guarantees the confidentiality of all organizations. We are committed to ensuring no individual organization’s data is ever made public. Any data that we share with the public (such as in reports like this one) will only be in the aggregate across many organizations, and will adhere to strict confidentiality thresholds. Any identifying information, such as quotes or survey experience stories, must be approved by your organization before publication.
Leading Edge guarantees the confidentiality of all employees. To ensure that your staff feel comfortable being as honest as possible, all answers and comments that your employees will provide in this survey are 100% CONFIDENTIAL. At no point will your organization have access to individual responses or know who has responded to the survey. Leading Edge will protect this information through a set of safeguards and security protocols. Results will be reported to organizational leaders as part of the organization's overall data. Access to employees’ responses will be restricted to Leading Edge for the sole purpose of reporting data in the aggregate. The following thresholds have been set in order to further protect your employees’ confidentiality:
- The reporting group threshold is set to 4 responses. If within any demographic breakdown there is a group of 1, then the next smallest group’s data will also be hidden, regardless of size, to protect the group of 1 from potential identification.
- Organizations with fewer than 10 employees will not will not have access to any demographic breakdowns of their results.
Employees will be able to leave comments for all rating scale questions. No matter the size of the organization, all comments will be shared verbatim in the reports, but without any information tying particular comments to particular individuals.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET CUSTOMER'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.