Before The Survey Launches
The registration and HRIS deadline for the survey is March 21st, and the survey launches on April 25th.
Here are important dates and deadlines to remember:
- Registration Form and HRIS Due — March 21
- Passover — April 5–13
- Survey Opens — April 25
- Survey Closes — May 12
- Access to Your Results — June 2023
- Post-Survey Consultations — Summer and Fall 2023
Below, find out more about completing registration, including instructions on how to complete your HRIS, as well as steps to follow leading up to the survey launch.
1. Register: Complete Your Organization’s Registration Form & HRIS before March 21st
Read the Memorandum of Understanding and fill out the registration form linked at the bottom. In the registration form, you’ll share information about your organization, upload your HRIS (see more information below), and provide contact information for staff who should receive access to your survey report.
What is the HRIS, and what information is required?
The HRIS is your Human Resources Information Sheet and provides us with the information we need to administer the survey to your staff in an Excel file. Click to download the HRIS template (Excel file will immediately download).
Every employee answers the survey through a unique survey link that will be confidentially linked to their demographics. It is vital that only the intended employee is the recipient of the survey link intended for them. On the HRIS you will provide a unique work email address for each employee. If several employees share a work email address, they’ll each need a unique email address in order to participate, either a temporary unique work email or a personal email.
The only other information we require are employees’ first names and the name of your organization.
The rest of the columns on your HRIS can be used to customize the way you will be able to view and compare your data when you receive access to the survey results. For example, you can add demographics for department, full-time or part-time staff, remote vs. in-person, and other categories that might be helpful as you review the data.
How do I complete the HRIS and format it so our data uploads correctly?
You’ll need to complete the HRIS in certain ways so the survey system accepts your data. If your information is formatted incorrectly, the system will reject it, and your staff will not be invited to respond to the survey.
You can find all the step-by-step instructions to complete it correctly, as well as explanations of each column in the HRIS template, in our HRIS How-to Guide.
Watch these instructional videos:
Does Leading Edge offer help in completing the HRIS?
Yes! We will be hosting optional weekly Info & HRIS sessions until the registration deadline, March 21st. Each session will follow this schedule, and you can join for the section(s) that will be most helpful to you:
2:00 – 2:30 pm ET (11:00 – 11:30 am PT) — About the Employee Experience Survey
2:30 – 3:00pm ET (11:30 am – 12:00 pm PT) — How to complete your HRIS (Human Resource Information Sheet)
3:00 – 3:30pm ET (12:00 – 12:30 pm PT) — Q&A
Register below for an Info & HRIS session:
- Wednesday, February 1st at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Tuesday, February 7th at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Thursday, February 16th at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Wednesday, February 22nd at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Tuesday, February 28th at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Wednesday, March 8th at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
- Thursday, March 16th at 2:00 pm ET (11:00 am PT) — Register here
We recommend attending at least one session. If you need additional help or would like to talk through your options for demographic data, we’re happy to help. You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should be given access to the post-survey results?
The CEO will automatically be given access to the survey results report. You can also add anyone else who will be involved in the consultation process or in any actions the organization decides to take based on the results. Sometimes, this includes an HR professional, other senior leaders, etc.
2. Communicate the Survey to Your Staff (before April 25)
Survey Liaisons and CEOs can both communicate with staff about the survey. We recommend telling staff about the survey no later than April 3rd and sending reminders to staff one week before and again one day before the survey launches on April 25th.
How should I introduce the survey to our staff?
Send this video to staff to help them understand what Leading Edge is and how the survey works. Make sure they know that their feedback is confidential and valuable to the organization!
What resources and templates do you have so I can explain the survey?
Whether you’re new or returning to the survey, we have a few tools and templates to help you.
- Email Template to Staff for Organizations that Are New to the Survey
- Email Template to Staff for Organizations that Are Returning to the Survey
- Email Template to Staff for the Day Before Survey Launch
- Orientation Presentation for Staff powerpoint
- Below, you’ll find a video about how to talk to your staff, too!